The way Taghleef Industries is a sustainable and future oriented packaging supplier
Ti oPP films pass the tests of environmental acceptability. Consider the facts:
• Polypropylene polymer consists of non-toxic molecules
made up of only carbon and hydrogen atoms;
• The production of polypropylene is safe and energy efficient
and the product is easily and cleanly handled;
• All raw materials used by Taghleef Industries production sites comply with the Food Contact regulations
of the United States, the European Community and Australia. Information regarding compliance with other world standards is available on request.
Film Manufacture and logistics
• Our film is coextruded by a clean and simple method
without the use of process chemicals and without the need for coatings;
• All waste film generated during manufacture is collected and recycled
as part of the production process;
• There are no by-products of manufacture
during this low energy process.
• Coextruded BoPP films contain no toxic substances
and Taghleef Industries films comply with the United States, European Community and Australian regulations for polypropylene packaging films in food contact applications;
• Polypropylene is a low density, high-yielding material that is very ecologically efficient
as a packaging material – more than other commonly used packaging substrates;
• Transparent and opaque BoPP films demonstrate excellent use of the Earth’s resources
. They have effective moisture barrier properties, achieved without coatings. The coextrusion process also provides superb sealing characteristics to produce secure packs and good shelf life, avoiding product spoilage and waste.
• Our process capability improvements have contributed to a reduction in the weight of film
used in packaging applications by delivering lightweight films down to 15 microns;
• Development of new high-yielding, cavitated, high opacity opaque products has also allowed reduction of package weights without compromising marketing appeal
• Coextruded BoPP is not biodegradable, in common with other plastic materials. When used in landfill sites, plastic waste has the positive benefit of stabilising the ground
without producing unpleasant or harmful by-products;
• When incinerated efficiently, only carbon dioxide and water vapour are produced with no pollution
. The resulting energy released as heat is twice that of coal;
• BoPP film, whether transparent, white or metallised can also be cleaned, recycled and reprocessed
into products for many different new applications where facilities for these processes exist.