LCA for Taghleef Industries Italy
In November 2010 the Group kicked off with the Life Cycle Assessment
project for Ti Italy. The evaluation involved five categories of products manufactured by the Italian site.
A Life Cycle Assessment (LCA, also known as life cycle analysis, ecobalance and cradle-to-grave analysis)
refers to the notion that a fair, holistic assessment
requires the assessment of raw material production, manufacture, distribution, use and disposal including all intervening transportation steps necessary or caused by the product's existence.
This is achieved by:
• Compiling an inventory of relevant energy
and material inputs and environmental releases;
• Evaluating the potential impacts
associated with identified inputs and releases;
This assessment enables Taghleef Industries to:
• Calculate Ti's carbon footprint
namely the total amount of greenhouse gases that each category of product produces directly and indirectly expressed in equivalent tons of carbon dioxide (CO2);
• Optimize the environmental performance
of a single product;
• Optimize the environmental performance of Taghleef Industries
• Write a Sustainability Report
social and environmental long-term program;
• Permit the Group to develop films with lower environmental impact
, from the outset of the design stage and more.
Taghleef Industries firmly believes that not only will its customers benefit, but also all the consumers, both in the present and future. The project will also create a good legacy on which to draw for future generations